HULL SURGERIES RECOGNISED FOR OUTSTANDING SERVICE
Haxby Group’s GP surgeries in Hull have been rated â€˜Good’ overall, following a recent CQC (Care Quality Commission) visit, with several areas highlighted as â€˜outstanding’.
The full report can be read here
The CQC recognised Haxby Group’s excellent work to set up a nurse training hub and the introduction of practice pharmacists to the team, rating them as outstanding in the report.
Haxby Group GP Partner Dr Fiona Scott, said: â€œWe’re really pleased with this feedback from the CQC inspection. We’re always trying to improve here at Haxby Group – working differently and adapting to changes within the NHS, so this report has recognised this.
â€œWe’re particularly grateful to our patients who also gave us the thumbs up, telling the CQC that staff were approachable, committed and caring. Patients who spoke to the CQC during the inspection said Haxby Group staff were polite and helpful and treated them with dignity and respect. This feedback is great for our staff to hear as they work hard to providing a caring, quality service.â€
Haxby Group Hull has been rated as â€˜outstanding’ in five areas:
- Setting up of an Integrated Care Team hub – working to support patients who are at risk of hospital admission to stay at home with support
- Advanced Training Practice (ATP) work – supporting pre-registration student nurses to encourage them to consider practice nursing as a career
- Adopting the Gold Standards framework quality improvement programme for caring for patients approaching end of life.
- Leading the way in the introduction of practice pharmacists
- Supporting patients with a learning disability.
â€œThank you to all the patients who responded to the surveys and completed feedback to contribute to these results. A huge thanks also to our wonderful staff who continue to work hard to ensure Haxby Group achieves consistently outstanding results for our patients,â€ said Dr Scott.