New partnership for Haxby Group with Scarborough GP practice
04th August 2020 - 8:52 PM
Haxby Group is forming a new partnership with Scarborough GP Practice Central Healthcare to improve healthcare for the people of North Yorkshire.
Haxby Group will provide support and mentoring to Central Healthcare to help it develop future resilience and improve services for its patients.
Aware of requirements to improve its services to meet the recommendations of the Care Quality Commission, Central Healthcare’s GP Partners have been investigating partnership opportunities for some time. Earlier this year the practice consolidated its healthcare services onto two sites, due to problems with staffing availability.
By partnering with Haxby Group, it seeks to strengthen its services, improve recruitment and bring innovative patient care practices to Scarborough. Both are accredited training practices and by joining forces they will be able to strengthen staff training systems and attract more trainee practitioners to stabilise staff numbers for the future.
Other benefits which the partnership will bring will include:
- Support from a larger clinical team, including senior GPs, primary care practitioners and specialist advanced nurse practitioners.
- A state-of-the-art digital patient access and consultation system and appointment booking to improve waiting times and availability of appointments.
- Investment in new IT and telephone infrastructure.
- Support from a large HR, Finance and Business Intelligence team
- Help with patient communications and engagement
- Flexibility of staffing as specialists can be available from across sites
- Benefit from the experience and knowledge embedded in a practice that has achieved outstanding results in areas with a similar patient population.
Central Healthcare GP Partner, Dr Omnia Hefni, said “We would be the first to acknowledge that there have been some challenging times for our practice and patients recently, but the team here have been working exceedingly hard, regardless of the pandemic, to address immediate issues. At the same time, we have been looking to ensure that our patients get the best possible service moving forward and to importantly get the best support for our committed and caring staff. We are also committed to engaging with our patients during our improvement journey to ensure they are with us every step of the way.”
Haxby Group’s GP Partner, Professor Michael Holmes, said: “This is a great opportunity for Haxby Group and good news for Scarborough. We are really keen to start working with the team at Central Healthcare and learn from patients. A number of the team have already visited the surgery sites and have been working with staff here in Central Healthcare to see where we can use our experience and expertise to bring real changes and benefits. We have been impressed and moved by the enthusiasm and commitment the Central Healthcare team have and we will jointly be talking to patients and listening to the people of Scarborough in the coming months.”