Thank you to our Covid vaccination teams after 86,000 vaccines given in 12 months.
26th January 2022 - 11:09 AM
This week we’ve held our very last Covid Vaccination Clinic at the Scarborough Rugby Club.
Future vaccination clinics will be held at the Brunswick Shopping Centre and at Haxby Group’s surgery at Lawrence House during February and March – longer if needed.
We want to thank everyone at the Rugby Club for being so supportive of our teams – we’ve really loved working with you! And thank you to all the vaccinators, volunteers and support teams – particularly our friends from St Catherine’s Hospital, Scarborough Borough Council – who have made the Scarborough vaccination programme such a success.
Across the four practices in our network we have given more than 86,000 vaccines in just 12 months.
This is above the national and regional average in most age groups! We’ve vaccinated almost 98% of our over 70’s with a first, second and booster jab which is phenomenal. We’ve put on 250 different clinics and seen more than 20 retired nurses and doctors return to work to support us.
Our teams have visited care homes, done home visits and put on special pop up clinics across the city. Every single one of them has contributed to this success and we can’t thank them enough.
Sally Brown, clinical managing partner at Haxby Group, said: “We’re really proud of the way we have responded to the challenges and continue to expand our team at the practice. The reason it has been so good is the accessibility o clinics on different days and different times in different locations, as well as the teams who have gone out their to visit people in their homes.
“We’ve recruited some of the volunteers who came forward to support the programme and we continue to offer opportunities in the coming weeks. Thank you to everyone.
“Along the way we had fun, made friends, recruited staff, offered opportunities to do different things and learnt about different organisations in our area. We’ve celebrated birthdays, milestones, and achievements. Here are just a few:
- Over 86,000 vaccines given in just over 12 months.
- 1004 recorded home visits
- 2133 vaccines given in care/nursing homes
- 250 different clinics since 16 December 2020
- Our biggest clinic – 2324 jabs given on 6th May 2021
- Celebrated one member of our team’s 50-year milestone in the NHS.
- 17 retired nurses returned to support the vaccination programme
- 4 retired doctors returned to help and provide clinical cover and vaccinations
- St Catherine’s’ Volunteers stepping in to support patients- too many to count!
- Scarborough Rugby Union Football Club receptionists and caterers accommodating our needs with a smile.
- NYCC Highways who gritted the car park
- Scarborough Borough Council colleagues who managed the car parking in early days